Samsung today confirmed the launch of Galaxy M53 5G, successor to last year’s Galaxy M52 5G in India on April 22nd, after it was introduced earlier this month. This retains the 6.7″ FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED screen and a 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging from the predecessor, but this replaces the Snapdragon 778G with Dimensity 900 SoC.
Samsung said that this will be the first phone in the segment to feature auto data switching option. It will be the first Galaxy M series phone to feature a 108MP camera, which the company says will be the best in the segment.
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 164.7×77.0×7.4mm; Weight: 176g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy M53 5G will be available from Amazon.in, in addition to Samsung India online store and offline stores. According to reports, the phone will be priced around Rs. 25,000 in India.