Redmi launched the Redmi A1+, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India, as it had promised. The phone packs a 6.52″ HD+ LCD screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 SoC, runs stock Android 12 Go Edition, same as the Redmi A1. This adds a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and comes in 3GB RAM model, in addition to 2GB.
The phone has a 8MP rear camera along with a secondary depth sensor, 5MP front camera, features a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
Redmi A1+ specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, 400 nits brightness, scratch resistant glass
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, depth sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, Top-ported loudspeaker, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9x 76.75x 9.09mm,; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi A1+ comes in Light Blue, Black, and Light Green colours, is priced at Rs. 7,499 for the 2GB + 32GB model and the 3GB + 32GB model costs Rs. 8,499. But these will be available from Flipkart, mi.com,mi Home, and across offline platforms starting 17th October, 12:00 noon until 31st October 2022 at an offer price of Rs. 6999 and Rs. 7999, respectively.
Commenting on the launch, Sumit Sonal, General Manager – Marketing, Xiaomi India, said:
We at Xiaomi India have played a pivotal role in making technology democratic, thereby contributing to the growth in the value-driven smartphone segment. The response to our newly introduced Redmi A Series has been phenomenal, with consumers appreciating the build quality and the India-centric features that make it a compelling choice for first time smartphone users. The recently launched Redmi A1 has got off to a brilliant start across all platforms. This inspired us to further strengthen the series, and we are thrilled to announce the addition of Redmi A1+ to the Redmi A family. With the new entrant, we are bringing a perfect blend of design, security & clean user experience to enhance the lives of our consumers, thereby delivering a well-rounded smartphone at an affordable price. We are confident that the new entrant will be well-received by the audience & will add positivity to their festivities.