Redmi launched the Redmi A1 budget smartphone in India last month. Today, the company has announced the launch of Redmi A1+, an upgraded version in the country on October 14th. This has a similar leather-like rear design, but it will come with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The phone was introduced for global markets a couple of weeks back that revealed that the phone will retain the 6.52-inch HD+ LCD screen MediaTek Helio A22 SoC, Android 12 Go Edition, 8MP rear camera along with a secondary depth sensor, 5MP front camera, and a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
Redmi A1+ specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, 400 nits brightness, scratch resistant glass
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, depth sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, Top-ported loudspeaker, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9x 76.75x 9.09mm,; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
The Redmi A1+ will come in Light Blue, Light Green and Black colours. We should know the price when it is launched later this week.