OnePlus just announced the OnePlus Ace, the company’s latest smartphone in the new Ace series in China, as it had promised. The phone has features a 6.7-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 120Hz refresh rate and 1000Hz touch sampling rate. It is powered by the latest MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max SoC that combines the HyperBoost game frame stabilization engine to offers game stability, AI computing, and night scene video noise reduction. It has up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB storage.
The phone has independent graphics chip, so the frame rate is doubled, which is more stable has an efficient cooling system with total heat dissipation area of 35198.2mm², VC liquid cooling system covering the area up to 4129.8mm², has the world’s first new supercrystalline graphite cooling with better cooling effect Materials and also features 9 antennas + the world’s first Wi-Fi/Bluetooth full acceleration technology.
The phone features a 50-megapixel main camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera. There is a 16MP camera on the front. It comes in Blue and Black colours with a frosted glass back, so it doesn’t attract fingerprints. The new electro-optical waterfall process is more difficult than AG glass craftsmanship, says the company.
It packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 150W SuperVOOC fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 17 minutes with the 160W SUPERVOOC Adapter in the box. The company says that even after 4 years, the phone can retain the battery health of over 80%. It also TUV Rhineland fast charging certification for safety.
OnePlus Ace specifications
- 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz AMOLED display with up to 950 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core (4 x 2.85GHz A78 + 4 x 2.0GHz A55) Dimensity 8100-Max 5nm processor with Mali-G510 MC6 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 (OxygenOS 12 for global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with Sony IMX355 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with GC02M1 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with Samsung S5K3P9SP sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- Dimensions: 163.3×75.5×8.2mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5)/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4400mAh (minimum) battery with 150W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
The OnePlus Ace is priced at 2499 yuan (US$ 287 / Rs. 29,520 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 2699 yuan (US$ 418 / Rs. 31,880 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 2999 yuan (US$ 464 / Rs. 35,445 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs 3499 yuan (US$ 542 / Rs. 41,335 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from April 26th. The phone will launch in India as OnePlus 10R on April 28th.