After months of delays, ASUS today launched the ASUS 8z, the company’s latest smartphone as the successor to ASUS 6z in India, as it had announced. It has a 5.9-inch 120Hz E4 AMOLED screen with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, is powered by Snapdragon 888 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA with support for several 5G bands, 8GB of LPDDR5 and 128GB storage .
The phone has a 64MP main camera with Sony IMX686 sensor and a 12MP ultra-wide camera, as well as a 12MP front camera. The phone has a frosted glass back, and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 30W Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging.
ASUS ZenFone 8 specifications
- 5.9-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 10+ 20:9 aspect ratio display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1100 nits brightness, 112% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus Protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 6400MHz RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ZenUI 8, upgradable to Android 12
- Dual SIM
- 64MP camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide camera with IMX363 sensor, dual PD autofocus, f/2.2 aperture, 4cm macro mode, 8k video
- 12MP front camera with Sony IMX663 sensor, dual PD autofocus
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 amplifier, Dirac HD sound, Hi-Res Audio, Triple microphones with OZO Audio Zoom & ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 148×68.5x9mm; Weight: 169g
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 5G SA/NSA (1/n2/n3/n5/n7/n8/n12/n20/n28/n38/n77/n78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh (typical) with 30W fast charging, Quick Charge 4, PD charging
The ASUS ZenFone 8 comes in Obsidian Black and Horizon Silver colours, is priced at Rs. 42,999 for the single 8GB + 128GB model, and will be available from Flipkart starting from March 7th.