Are you looking for the best cameras for blogging?
When people ask us about our travel photography gear, we give this advice:
First, we recommend you define your blogging needs because there isn’t one good camera for all type of bloggers. Determine what type of photos or videos you need for your blogging or vlogging.
Second, now that you know the specific images or videos you will use on your blog, use the information in this guide to find the best camera to meet your blogging goals. You’ll want to review the Features & Benefits, Pros & Cons, and Specifications.
Here’s our list of 5 awesome cameras for bloggers, according to various blogging and vlogging needs, that are available on the market today.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, we may earn a small commission – at no extra cost to you! Read the full Disclosure Policy.
Where Should I Buy Camera Equipment?
We get asked this question often. There are two places where we buy our cameras, lenses and other accessories: B&H Photo and Amazon.
B&H Photo is our go-to company for buying the high quality cameras, tripods and lenses. They are a reputable company that’s been in business for over 45 years. Their customer service and knowledge about photography equipment gives us peace of mind when spending money on higher ticket items.
→ Check out Camera Equipment at B&H Photo
Amazon is where we buy most of our camera accessories like filters, memory cards, etc. The free two-day shipping is always a plus. We have bought cameras, lenses and tripods from Amazon with no problem as well. They are good about returns, but won’t be able to answer gear-specific questions.
→ Check out Photography Gear at Amazon
WHAT CAMERA GEAR DO YOU NEED FOR BLOGGING?
1. Camera Equipment & Accessories for Blogging
There are basic camera accessories every photographer must have to transport and protect the gear and use to also improve image quality.
2. Editing Software for Blogging
There is no better photo editing program than Adobe Lightroom.
It’s also a photo management tool that keeps your images organized in a comprehensive and cohesive way.
For more detailed edits and retouching, Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard.
I highly recommend the Adobe Creative Cloud for Photographers – it’s well worth the $9.99 a month.
When you’re traveling, it’s important to have the right camera gear in order to get the perfect shot.
BEST CAMERAS FOR BLOGGING
1 – NIKON D850
- 45.7MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps
- Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System
- Native ISO: 64-25600,Extended: 32-102400
- 7 fps Shooting for 51 Frames with AE/AF
- 8K Time-Lapse, Negative Digitizer Mode
- 180k-Pixel RGB Sensor, Focus Shift Mode
- SnapBridge Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
2 – CANON EOS 5DS R
- 50.6MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
- Low-Pass Filter Effect Cancellation
- 3.2″ 1.04m-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- ISO 100-6400; 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- 150,000-Pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- User-Selectable Shutter Release Time Lag
- Anti-Flicker Compensation
3 – PENTAX K-1
- 36.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- PRIME IV Image Processor
- 3.2″ Cross-Tilt LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p30 Video Recording
- SAFOX 12 33-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 819200; 4.4 fps Shooting
- Pixel Shift Resolution II
- 5-Axis In-Body Shake Reduction
- Built-In Wi-Fi & GPS; Dual SD Card Slots
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium-Alloy Body
4 – NIKON Zfc
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processor
- UHD 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 11 fps Shooting
- 209-Point Hybrid AF, Eye Detection AF
- Time-Lapse Movie
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
5: SONY A7R IV
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 567-Point Phase-Detection AF System
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 5.76m-Dot Tru-Finder OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 2.36m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Up to 10 fps Shooting, ISO 100-32000
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- 240MP Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi, Dual UHS-II SD Slots